Call Us: 01787 371524

Kling Strip

(3 customer reviews)

Kling Strip is a paste, which when applied thickly to the surface, will gradually dissolve the paint to a water-soluble residue. Its poultice action draws out paint and stain from the pores of the surface or the grain of the wood, which are then left completely free of paint by washing down. It is a particularly effective way to remove paint from ornate work and beams and is a safe way to remove lead based paint.

Read full product description.

£4.55£41.56

Clear
Compare
£34.94 for 3 item(s)
Developed in 1974, Kling Strip is the original peel-off paint remover. It will safely and effectively remove:
  • lead-based paints
  • thick layers of oil-based paints
  • old varnishes
  • distempers
  • stains

Kling Strip is a paste, which when applied thickly to the surface, will gradually dissolve the paint to a water-soluble residue. Its poultice action draws out paint and stain from the pores of the surface or the grain of the wood, which are then left completely free of paint by washing down. There should be no scraping necessary. It is a particularly effective way to remove paint from beams and ornate work and is a safe way to remove lead based paint.

Usage: Simply paste on, cover with polythene, leave to work, remove excess, wash down.

Coverage: 3 to 6 litres per square metre, depending on the thickness of paint, profile of surface etc.

The formula to calculate the quantity required: 1 litre per square metre for each mm thickness. i.e. If tests show that an area of 1sq.m. needs Kling Strip applied at a thickness of 5mm: 5 x 1 = 5 Litres per sq.m.

Please note: Due to the high content of resin in pitch pine there may be darkening of the wood. Always do a test patch.

SKU: KLINGSTRIP Category:

Weight: From 450g to 29kg

Size: From 250ml – 15 Litres

Based on 3 reviews

5.0 overall
3
0
0
0
0

Add a review

  1. Wendy Button (verified owner)

    I ordered Kling Strip feeling a bit dubious that it would remove all the paint from an iron fire place based on my experience using a Nitromors type product. I was delighted at the result though! Kling Strip removed a number of layers of paint, including what we guessed was lead based paint. The majority of the product brought off the paint in one gelatinous length. It was a little messy to remove the remaining product, and you will need to use a nail brush or something less abrasive to get all the product off. However, if you are looking for something to remove all traces of paint, this product will do the trick. NB Protect walls and floor coverings around the area to be stripped.

    Wendy Button

    • SPR_Rosalie

      Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad you were pleased with the results!

      SPR_Rosalie

  2. Jeremy

    I used Klingstrip for removing paint from a large painted pine wardrobe and achieved excellent results with 99% of paint removed in one application, the remaining 1% was due to stripper not applied in required depth in localised areas. Would definitely recommend this product

    Jeremy

    • SPR_Rosalie

      Thank you for your helpful feedback, we’re glad you achieved the results you were looking for.

      SPR_Rosalie

  3. James (verified owner)

    This is a revelation! I am still in shock with how well it worked and will use nothing else in future. I used it to strip textured paint from Victorian cornicing and lead based paint from Victorian doors. I’ve stripped all manner of surfaces before and have never experienced the ease and joy Kling Strip gave me. WOW!!! Customer service is excellent too! I will be recommending this to everyone I know.

    James

    • SPR_Rosalie

      Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted that you are so pleased with Kling Strip and got the results you were after.

      SPR_Rosalie

You may also like…

X

Your current cart (0 product): £0.00

View Cart Continue Shopping Checkout

1 new item has been added to your cart

Kling-Strip
Kling Strip
Quantity: 1
Total £4.55

Frequently bought with Kling Strip


Kling-Strip Accessory Kit

Kling-Strip Accessory Kit

£12.99
View more
Neutraliser N-20

Neutraliser N-20

£4.34£52.70
Clear
View more
Putty Knife

Putty Knife

£2.31
View more

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close